We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy. We cooperate with country data protection authorities if they believe that a privacy problem has occurred.
If you have questions or concerns regarding your privacy, please contact us directly.
We participate in the U.S. Council of Better Business Bureau’s (BBB) Accredited Business Program. Further information about this program and its dispute resolution process is available at www.bbb.org.
Blue Saint is subject to the investigative and enforcement authority of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
Information We Collect
We may collect information about you from a variety of sources. This includes information we collect from you directly; information provided to us by or on behalf of your Independent for purposes of providing a better customer experience for you; information we collect about you when you visit our sites or view Blue Saint online advertisements; and information we collect about you from other sources (where permitted by law).
Information we collect directly from you:
We collect information directly from you when you choose to participate in our offers and programs or otherwise provide information directly to us. The following are examples of information we may collect directly from you:
- Name, email address, postal address
- Username and password
- Phone number or mobile number
- Date of birth
- Other information about you and your family such as gender or product use preferences and/or behaviors
- Demographic information
- Future communication preferences
- Contact information for friends you may wish us to contact. When you provide us information for these refer-a-friend messages we use the information only to send the message you request.
Information we collect when you visit our sites, use our services, or view our online advertisements:
- Your browser type and operating system
- Web pages you view
- Links you click
- IP address
- Site you visited before coming to our site
- Blue Saint emails you open and/or forward
- Blue Saint offers or links you connect to via emails
- Your product selections and preferences
How We Use This Information
We use the information we collect to provide offers, products and services. This information helps us to manage our sites and services.
The following are specific ways we may use the information we collect about you:
- Send samples, products and information upon request
- Develop new and enhanced products and services
- Enroll you in contests, programs, or offers you request.
- Create and manage your account.
- Process payment for purchases or other services.
- Protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions
- Where permitted by law, provide you with customized, unsolicited offers and information about Blue Saint’s products and services through postal mail, including in connection with services provided to you.
- Develop and provide advertising tailored to your interests
- Analyze the use of our products, services, and sites
- Understand how you arrived at our site and how you use the site so that we can make it better
- Determine the effectiveness of our advertising
- Enforce our Terms and Conditions and otherwise manage our business
Your Choices & Access to Your Information
We give you choices about how we communicate with you.
Digital and Electronic Communications:
We only send you promotional mobile or email messages if you ask to receive these from us.
You can stop receiving promotional mobile and email messages from Blue Saint at any time. Follow the opt out or unsubscribe instructions provided in any such message you receive from us.
PLEASE NOTE: If you choose to stop receiving promotional messages from us, we will honor your request. However, we will continue to send you service-related communications as authorized by law. We may need to keep the information we have collected about you for record keeping, analysis or other reasons, to the extent permitted by law.
We acknowledge the right of individuals to access their personal information. We take steps to keep your personal information accurate. You can view, correct or update the personal contact information you provide to Blue Saint. Some Blue Saint programs provide access to view or update personal information online. Check where you registered to learn if you can view or update your information there.
Cookies, Web Beacons and other Technologies
- For Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
Web Beacons: Web beacons are small bits of code embedded in web pages or in emails. We may use web beacons to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited a web page, and to understand usage patterns. We also may include web beacons in e-mails to learn if messages have been opened, acted on, or forwarded.
You can disable the ability of web beacons to capture information in this manner by declining cookies as described above.
Other Technologies: Examples of other technologies we may use to provide better service to you follow:
- Web Session Variables: Information that is passed from one web URL to another as you browse.
- Browser plug-ins/add-ons: Additional web components that may need to be installed to enable certain web features on our sites. You have the option not to install these components.
The success of our business depends on your trust, and we do not sell your personal information to marketers outside of Blue Saint unless we have asked for and obtained your consent. We share your personal information only as described below and within Blue Saint.
Third-party service providers: We rely on third-party service providers to perform a variety of services on our behalf and may need to share your personal information with them. Please note that we provide our service providers with only the personal information they need to perform their services and we require that they protect this information and not use it for any other purpose.
For example, we may rely on a service provider to:
- Fulfill your product and service requests and answer your questions.
- Host our sites and deliver our email and mobile messages.
- Mail product samples, contact contest winners, manage payments or take other actions on our behalf.
- Analyze data, sometimes combined with other sources, to send more targeted communications to you.
- Conduct research and analyze data to improve our products, services and sites.
We provide these companies with the personal information they need to provide these services on our behalf. We require these companies to protect this personal information and to not use the information for any other purpose.
Other situations we may disclose your personal information:
- Where permitted by law, to protect and defend the rights and property of Blue Saint (including enforcing our Terms and Conditions and Agreements).
- And when required by law, and/or public authorities.
Aggregated and non-personal information: We may share aggregated information that does not identify you for general business analysis. For example, we may disclose the number of visitors to Blue Saint sites or services.
Pursuant to the Privacy Shield, Blue Saint remains liable for the transfer of personal data to third parties acting as our agents unless we can prove we were not a party to the events giving rise to the damages.
We are committed to keeping personal information secure. We have appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures in place to protect personal information from loss, misuse or alteration.
We limit access to personal information to those who have a business need. We keep personal information only for a reasonably needed amount of time.
When we provide your personal information to our third-party service providers we require those companies to protect the information and to not use the information for any other purpose.
When we collect or transmit sensitive information such as a credit card number, we use industry standard methods to protect that information.
Please note that we may be required to release an individual’s personal information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Your personal information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in a country other than the one in which it was provided. This may include the United States. When we do so, we transfer the information in compliance with applicable data protection laws.
We take steps to protect personal information. Regardless of where this information is stored or transferred, we have the appropriate procedures and controls to help ensure your personal information is protected.
We adhere to country data privacy laws including the EU Data Privacy Directive, as well as the U.S. Department of Commerce EU-U.S. Privacy Shield.
We may transfer personal information to Blue Saint databases in countries other than where it was provided. Our Global Privacy Program requires the same high level of security and protection of personal information in all geographies with procedures and contracts in place to help ensure this is so. Data may be transferred to a vendor or business partner to provide services for Blue Saint, such as targeted email communications, mailing information or samples. These vendors and business partners are required to protect and manage the personal information to the same high standards Blue Saint does, and they cannot use the information for purposes other than to provide the services Blue Saint has requested.
Children's Online Privacy
We believe it is important to provide added protection for children online. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children to participate in and monitor their online activity.
We do not intend to collect personal information from children under the age of 14.
We ask for an age confirmation in connection with the collection of personal information on our web sites in order to avoid the collection of information from individuals under the age of 14.
Last updated: September 2019
Online Privacy Statement was initiated in year 2019
year 2019 Update: Provided updated information regarding information security and online privacy.
year 2019 Update: The year 2019 updates were designed to connect privacy compliance efforts in all Blue Saint markets around the world, and to provide consumers, employees and others who may visit our websites with a central location from which they can obtain information about our policies and their rights with regard to personal information. These changes also included updates in compliance with changes to laws in many of the countries in which Blue Saint has operations.